The Dividend Reinvestment and Stock Purchase Plan offers a variety of convenient, low-cost services to make it easier for current shareholders who are long-term investors wishing to invest and build their share ownership over time. All registered holders of Empire common stock can participate in the Plan. If you are a beneficial owner of shares in a brokerage account and wish to reinvest your dividends, you can request that your shares become registered or make arrangements with your broker or nominee to participate on your behalf.
- You may participate in the Plan if you currently are a registered owner of shares of our common stock.
- You may participate in the Plan with full, partial or no reinvestment of dividends.
- You may purchase additional shares of our common stock at a 3% discount by automatically reinvesting all or a portion of the cash dividends paid on your shares of common stock.
- You may make additional cash investments of up to $125,000 annually, with a minimum investment of $50.
- You may deposit your common stock certificates, at no cost, with the Administrator for safekeeping.
- You may sell your shares through the Plan with minimal fees.
For questions or additional information, please contact the Plan Administrator, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. at 800-468-9716 (toll free in the United States), or 651-450-4064 (outside of the United States), or visit www.shareowneronline.com
to view the Prospectus. Current shareholders can access their account online at www.shareowneronline.com
None of the information on the Investors pages of this website is an offer to sell, or solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities of The Empire District Electric Company. Offers to sell and solicitations of offers to buy can only be made through the means of the Plan prospectus. Any prospective Plan participant must receive and should read a prospectus prior to making his or her investment decision. Please contact the Plan Administrator for a copy of the Plan prospectus (see the contact information under the FAQ page on this portion of our website, or visit Wells Fargo at www.shareowneronline.com).